[Zope3-dev] [Fwd: SVN: Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/form/browser/ Fixed a bug in SimpleInputWidget. _getFormValue had an evil side]

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jul 21 11:08:17 EDT 2005

I wanted to call this to attention of the wider list.  I corrected a
bug/missfeature in SimpleInputWidget.  I had to comment out some tests
that were testing this feature.  If anyone wants to defend the
feature that the tests were testing, I'm willing to discuss it.
See my comments in the forwarded check-in message if you're
interested.

I strongly dislike SimpleInputWidget. (Apologies to the author.)
I'd love someone to move standard widgets away from using it.
Writing widgets is not very hard, but you wouldn't know it by
looking at this base class.  Trying to use this base class makes
widget creation harder (unless you are the author of
SimpleInputWidget :).

	a bug in SimpleInputWidget. _getFormValue had an evil side