[Zope3-dev] Formatting dates

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Thu Jul 21 13:16:00 EDT 2005

> That application of the user's timezone might be done before the
> datetime is actually generated, or with a datetime.replace
> (tzinfo=ITZInfo(request)) call.  (The immutable nature of strings,
> datetimes, and other similar types doesn't prevent us from
> performing
> operations with them or from replacing one attribute value with
> another, of course).

Of course :-)

I guess my question was whether you see the widget handling the setting of the time zone, or the application. My vote would be that the widget deal with this, using adaptation to black box the process of finding the implicit tzinfo (assuming the widget doesn't have a UI for explicitly setting it).

 -- Garrett