[Zope3-dev] Re: DAV locking

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Jun 6 10:10:16 EDT 2005

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:

>>> Well, um, Stephan was hoping to make the beta today. :)
>>>
>>> I don't know if we can treat the absense of DAV locking as a bug and
>>> get it in after the beta.
>>

>> No, that would be a feature. So we either have the choice of waiting a
>> week or making an alpha release. I am for the first option, since I
>> would like to have all packages included in the release.
>

> Why is DAV locking all of a sudden so important that we want to delay
> the release at least another week?

- Without it, external editor doesn't work

- It's a significant hole in our DAV implementation.

> X3.0 is out there w/o locking and 3.1 has to many new features that it
> shouldn't be ashamed of not including this particular one either. The
> locking API has been in the trunk for months now and it never came to
> anybody's mind to do something about DAV locking.

This was an oversight, obviously.  I should have asked for a volunteer
much sooner.

 > So, one could raise
> the question whether there's even need for this in 3.1, given there has
> been so little interest in it...
>
> Please, let's not delay the release.

Given Sidnei's unavailability, I don't mind going forward sooner.
I don't know if Stephan will have time before next weekend.