[Zope3-dev] status of zc.page?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Jun 17 08:18:55 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
>> * the snapshot is probably aging as bugs get discovered and fixed in
>> your repository. Could you perhaps update the snapshot?
>
> Sure.

Looking forward to the update, though we haven't found bugs yet in our
experiments so far.

Initial feedback:

Overall: it's definitely an improvement above the ZCML directives!

We often need to build template specifically, just calling
widgets/foo/render inside our own template that's completely particular
to that form. This worked well, until I had to figure out how to render
an action. I finally accomplished it by using
view/actions/form.action.name/render, where 'name' is a lowercased from
the one you put in the decorator and what will also appear on the button.

This didn't feel ideal; the prefixing was hard to figure out initially
(should at least be better documented), and basing the internal name on
the displayed one doesn't feel right.

Regards,

Martijn