[Zope3-dev] Re: favicon.ico

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Mar 1 07:31:32 EST 2005

E. Frerich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IMO it is a developer problem.

It might become one (though I don't see this), but your original email
was more asking for help than anything.

> If you set up a normal Zope3 installation, then normally you get the
> fine 'z' favicon in your browser. (Yes - you can have your own
> favicon but that is not the problem here.)
>
> Now it is possible that you do something wrong in your Zope3 (may be
> application) development so Zope reports a system error. Then you get
> a page with only the message "A system error occurred." I assume this
> is zope\app\exception\browser\systemerror.pt. Then the browser wants
> to get the fine 'z' favicon. But now Zope3 can't find the favicon and
> reports an error.

If you get SystemErrors then your application is broken anyway. Users
should ideally never see SystemErrors. If they do, your application has
a bug. Yes, it might be that that the browser can't find the favicon in
such a case. But what does that matter? Your app is broken, you have
much bigger problems than some favicon.

Philipp