[Zope3-dev] Menu issues

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Mar 2 05:46:57 EST 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 04:12, Uwe Oestermeier wrote:
> on my Mac your menu demo works on Safari, but in the german
> version the "Bearbeiten" item is below the menu bar.
> On Firefox I'm not able to select any menu items.

Hi Uwe,

I did not intend to make this menu work on all or even many browsers. What I
really wanted to show is how Zope 3 menus work under the hood. But I guess it
would be cool, if we could create a menu template in this demo that works on
all modern browsers. However, I do not have the CSS expertise, so other
people have to do that.

> Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> >Thus, I propose to implement a menu adapter that mainly does the work
> >"getMenu" is currently doing.
>
> That would be great (and a nice thing to have for my wxPython client
> too!). The
> command buttons of the container content view should probably also be
> implemented as
> a menu adapter.

I thought so :-) I was actually looking at my desktop apps to see what
features we would need.

Regards,
Stephan
--