[Zope3-dev] Re: Javascript functional tests?

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Mar 8 03:43:03 EST 2005

Hi Benji

Behalf Of Benji York
> Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:39 AM
> To: Philipp von Weitershausen; zope3-dev at zope.org
> Subject: Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Javascript functional tests?
>
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > So, in any case, unit tests would have to be executed 'manually',
> > which means through a browser and which also means through every
> > browser that is supposed to be supported, not just your favourite
> > one.
>
> I know this is a bit off topic, but since you mentioned it, I thought
> you might be interested.  I read an article this weekend on
> Selenium, an
> in-browser functional testing framework: http://tinyurl.com/54pzn.
>
> It currently supports IE on Windows and Mozilla everywhere.
> That's not
> quite "every browser", but it is automated.
> --
> Benji York
> Sr. Software Engineer
> Zope Corporation

Thanks
I will try it. Seems that there is a Plone implementation.

I prefere the JSUnitTest framework right now. The bad part on this
is, it's implemented in Java and requires a Java Runtime.

The nice part is, that it's totaly compatible in the syntax (XUnitTest).
You ca use almost the same methods for testing like we allready use.

E.g.
assertEqual, assertNotEquals, assert(isValidZipCode("90210"));

Regards
Roger Ineichen