[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Mar 18 09:07:50 EST 2005

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:

> In case we need to wait for X3.1, there will be monthes again before we
> get 2.8 out.

Right. We don't want that.  I don't think that an April 2 freeze would
cause X3.1 to delay 2.8.  We can't do a 2.8 beta until late April
because of some work that I have to do that I won't be able to
do before then.  We should be ready with an X3.1 beta by then.

> We need a fixed time release process.

I agree completely.  I have said so *many* times now.  You
can't, however, implement such a decision in the middle of a release
cycle.

I think it would be good to get 2.8 and X3.1 out at about the
same time.  I'd like to pick a regular schedule for making
subsequent releases.  I had previously suggested every 3 months,
but I think that's too agressive.  I think 4 months, or even 6 months
would be better. But, in any case, I am absolutely committed to
a regular release cycle, starting with 2.9 and X3.2.