[Zope3-dev] Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Fri Mar 18 09:55:50 EST 2005

Hi Jim,

[snip]

> BTW, It would be a major pain not to include the new
> pluggable authentication
> utility in X3.1, but it badly needed some finishing.  I don't
> know if this
> happend.
>
> Roger, have you had time to work on this? Or will you before
> the freeze?
> If you, I'll try to squeeze in time.

Of corse, I can try to prepare it for the release.

What's actualy missing?

One important Bug is:
- utilities don't get deactivated if we remove them.
  The reference to the utility don't get removed. only
  the Utility is deleted in the container.

  This affects all utilities, we can't release it whithout
  to fix such important part. Otherwise we blame us.

I think we have to organize one or more BugDays before we can
release 3.1. Many of the issue are gone and should be marked
as solved.
It really looks like we don't care about bugs right now. And
that's true. Especially bugs which doesn't affect ourself at the
moment.

I propose to solve some important bugs and take a look to the
gubtracker before we release 3.1.

Let's define a bug day date. Please send a note if you can help!

Regards
Roger Ineichen