[Zope3-dev] Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Fri Mar 18 12:18:29 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> I'm sorry you feel that way.  I just want relatively clean releases.
> ZODB 3.4 is needed to fix ZClasses and ZClasses are needed for backward
> compatibility.

We need ZODB 3.4 anyway, but my opinion is that including the new cool
path forward for development, and then bending over backwards to provide
backwards compatibility with a development paradigm that basically has
been "deprecated" for a long time is well...kinda silly. ;)

I have absolutely no problem with 2.8 not working with ZClasses, and
letting people that use ZClasses stay on 2.7.

But, as mentioned otherwise, ZODB 3.4 is needed anyway.