[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Sat Mar 19 11:48:56 EST 2005

Roger Ineichen wrote:
[snip]
> btw I can't belive,
> today on the mailinglist are more then 10 really good
> cracks boring about a zope3 release. I can't belive it.
> Please contribute a little bit more. I know may of you have
> more expirience then I have.
>
> We are not a company where you can order a release. We are a
> community where everybody can work and give more drive!

I've been in the open source community long enough to realize this,
thanks. :) I am contributing as much as I can with the resources
available to me, which are not enormous. I just spent about a whole
week, fulltime, on trying to make Zope 3 more available to the larger
Zope 2 community, along with a number of other people at the Paris
sprint (who probably did even more than I did).

I believe that making Zope 3 available to more people is the only way we
can get more contributions. I can contribute more if I'm using it for
jobs I get paid for. I currently get paid to work with Five, and it took
me about a year or more, and a lot of energy, to get there.

So you're preaching to the choir. :)

I believe the right strategy is not to ask people for more contributions
out of their good hearts; it's to give people a reason to contribute as
they can get a benefit of it, quickly.

Regards,

Martijn