[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sat Mar 19 12:26:52 EST 2005

Hi Martjin

Behalf Of Martijn Faassen
> Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:49 PM
> To: dev at projekt01.ch
> Cc: zope3-dev at zope.org
> Subject: Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze
>
> Roger Ineichen wrote:
> [snip]
> > btw I can't belive,
> > today on the mailinglist are more then 10 really good
> > cracks boring about a zope3 release. I can't belive it.
> > Please contribute a little bit more. I know may of you have
> > more expirience then I have.
> >
> > We are not a company where you can order a release. We are a
> > community where everybody can work and give more drive!
>
> I've been in the open source community long enough to realize this,
> thanks. :) I am contributing as much as I can with the resources
> available to me, which are not enormous. I just spent about a whole
> week, fulltime, on trying to make Zope 3 more available to the larger
> Zope 2 community, along with a number of other people at the Paris
> sprint (who probably did even more than I did).
>
> I believe that making Zope 3 available to more people is the
> only way we
> can get more contributions. I can contribute more if I'm using it for
> jobs I get paid for. I currently get paid to work with Five,
> and it took
> me about a year or more, and a lot of energy, to get there.
>
> So you're preaching to the choir. :)
>
> I believe the right strategy is not to ask people for more
> contributions
> out of their good hearts; it's to give people a reason to
> contribute as
> they can get a benefit of it, quickly.

Can somebody tell me where is working on the Zope 3.1 release?

Perhaps I missed it. Did somebody agree to work on a release
next week? And do we have a roadmap/dates right now?

What's the situation right now. (I didn't read all the mails.)

I was asking for a bug day. Only Stephan agreed to participate
right now. Do Stephan and I have to make the Zope 3.1 release
or is somebody else contributing?

Regards
Roger Ineichen