[Zope3-dev] RE: issue 216

Roman Roelofsen r.roelofsen at tuxed.de
Mon Mar 21 17:25:56 EST 2005

Hi developers,

I followed this "issue 216" thread with much interest. I´m new to Zope 3 (Zope
at all :-) ) and always asked myself how to provide a UI for site visitors
and admins and what the Zope3-intended way is. Now I know that there is no
"Zope3-way" :-).

While learning Zope3 I´m developing a small sample app for myself. I´m now at
a stage where I must divide my UI for the SV and admins.

My plan is to provide a custom page template for the SV pages. This template
will use the standard_macros/page template and override all of the ZMI
elements, and, of cource, reuse some of them like the banner. In this
template I implement the user_views and user_actions slots. Now my SV pages
don´t have any ZMI elements but they are still affected by the global skin
which IMHO is importent if I want to use my compontent in other sites.

~ So, what do you think about my approach?
~ Is there a better, more "zopeish" way?

While trying to find a solution for my problem, I always wondered why the
Zope-skins don´t provide a "userpage" macro like they do provide the page,
views, dialog, etc. macros.

~ Wouldn´t this solve this problem?

Best regards,

		Roman