[Zope3-dev] RE: issue 216

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Mar 21 21:10:23 EST 2005

Hi Roman

Yes, add a own skin, there you can provide whatever you like.
Hm, that's not right. If you inherit your skin from the rotterdam layer
you will inherit all views and pages.

Right now we don't have a clean empty minimal skin layer where you
can inherit without inherit to much views etc.

Perhaps we add this for the 3.2 release. I think Garrett has also
a use for this.

> While trying to find a solution for my problem, I always
> wondered why the
> Zope-skins don´t provide a "userpage" macro like they do
> provide the page,
> views, dialog, etc. macros.
>
> ~ Wouldn´t this solve this problem?

Don't messup the macros with skins. Somtime it's better
to add a new skin then everything catch with permissions
or conditions in TAL.

> Best regards,
>
> 		Roman

Sorry I don't have this much time for explain.
Do you need it right now? I plan to implement
a new skin in about two weeks. There will also
be a presentation skin which shows the use of
site visitor skins.

Otherwise take a look at the skins in the trunk.
This are:

zope.app.rotterdam
zope.app.zopetop
zope.app.boston