[Zope3-dev] Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Mar 23 14:20:32 EST 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote at 2005-3-23 10:57 +0100:
>> They are loosing:
>>
>> - MVCC
>>
>> - Cyclic GC
>
>This is somewhat amusing; I cannot really see a newbie using ZClasses
>worry a lot about MVCC and Cyclic GC. Not that they shouldn't, it's just
>that they'd commonly not know what's up with this. :)

Really?

They are using "ZClasses" because ZClasses make it easier to
implement applications.

Then, they observe "Database ReadConflictError"s and
*WE* tell them that these errors will disappear with MVCC
which will be available really soon.

We promised that in January 2004 (but I did not believe it) ....

--
Dieter