[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3 books and X3.1

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Mar 24 07:21:31 EST 2005

Tim Terlegård wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> It's time to learn Zope 3 and I think starting with a book would be the
> easiest road for me. I've followed the discussions and it seems much
> have changed in 3.1. Are the books by Stephan and Phillip still up to
> date?

Both our books are targetting X3.0 since this was released software at
the time of writing. Yes, X3.1 changes a lot, but it also has backward
compatability so that all code written X3.0-style will run on it.
Deprecation warnings will tell you how to improve the code to be up to
scale with X3.1.

As for upcoming Zope releases, I plan to keep my book up-to-date with
the objective of bringing out further editions of it. All this depends,
of course, on the publisher and the success of the first edition...

Regards,

Philipp