[Zope3-dev] HEADS UP: PAU (pluggable authentication) users

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Mar 28 12:29:57 EST 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
> Gintautas Miliauskas wrote:
>
>>Hello,

>>>The bad news:
>>>
>>> *your existing PAUs will need to be manually converted via the ZMI*
>>>
>>>I've provided instructions below.

>>Is there a particular reason why the generations framework could not
>>be used to automate the update?  Your upgrade instructions seemed to
>>be simple enough for a generation script to handle.
>

> It's a matter of writing it and testing it and dealing with problems
> that arise, all of which can add up. If enough people are outraged by
> not having a script, I'll write it, but I'm not sure when I'll get it
> done -- I have little time in the next few weeks.

The rational was that, since this was never released, except through
CVS, we could live with the pain.

I'm anxious to:

1. Get these significant improvements to PAU into 3.1.
    (In fact, without them, or something like them, I
    don't think we could include PAU in 3.1.)

2. Get 3.1 out ASAP.

Of course, we can reevaluate, if necessary.