[Zope3-dev] Missing 'provides' attribute exception in API doc

jürgen Kartnaller j.kartnaller at cable.vol.at
Mon Mar 28 13:10:36 EST 2005

I define a class which adapts to two interfaces :

class PilotPointsACROCUP(PilotPoints):
     """Adapts to point data for ACROCUP.
     """

     adapts(IContestPilot, IContest)

I register the class as adapter in my configure.zcml :

   <adapter
       factory="coma.acrocup.PilotPointsACROCUP"
       name="ACRO-CUP"
       trusted="y"
     />

Notice the missing provides attribute. I left it because I provided
"adapts" in the class definition.
Everything works fine in my application with this configuration.

But when I select "ZCML Reference" in API Docs I get a
"TypeError: Missing 'provides' attribute" exception.

When I provide at least one interface in ZCML API doc is happy with it.

Jürgen