[Zope3-dev] Missing ObjectContentModifiedEvent

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Tue May 3 17:52:33 EDT 2005

Uwe Oestermeier wrote:
> But I could also live with ObjectModifiedEvents only.

IMO, the second event type, if it doesn't have a clear distinction,
should be removed.

> A more radical approach would be to specify in each
> ObjectModifiedEvent which aspects of an object changed. By aspect I
> mean the schema and the modified field within the schema:

I'd see this being something like a ValueChangedEvent that specified the
object, schema, field name, old value, and new value. This would be a
nice way to bolt on validation without modifying the schema.

Anyone needing more information in ObjectModified can just create a new
event type with the additional info. This seems application specific to
me.

 -- Garrett