[Zope3-dev] Missing ObjectContentModifiedEvent

Uwe Oestermeier u.oestermeier at iwm-kmrc.de
Wed May 4 02:57:56 EDT 2005

"Garrett Smith" wrote:

>I'd see this being something like a ValueChangedEvent that specified the
>object, schema, field name, old value, and new value. This would be a
>nice way to bolt on validation without modifying the schema.

Yes, that's exactly what I need for versioning.

>Anyone needing more information in ObjectModified can just create a new
>event type with the additional info. This seems application specific to
>me.

But there is a major problem: How can you reuse an existing infrastructure
then? You have
to write all editing views or other components that modify the content
objects anew.
In my view ValueChangedEvents are usefull in many applications and for
many purposes (reindexing catalogs, updating views in standalone
applications, triggering
external processes etc.). Would it be too much overhead to have them in
the framework from
the beginning?

Uwe