[Zope3-dev] relational data

Achim Domma (Procoders) domma at procoders.net
Wed May 4 02:17:09 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm evaluating ZOPE for some projects we might have to implement. ZODB
looks very nice for storing object hierarchies but I don't understand
how to store relational data.

For example, f I store people and qualified realations between them, I
usally have a table 'person' which hold the person records,
'relation_type' which hold the possible relations and
'person_person_relation' which holds the ids of the related persons and
the id of the type of the relation.

I don't see how I would store something like this in ZODB and I want to
understand if it's better to stick with a relational database for such a
case. Or is there a solution, which I might not see at the moment?

This should be no criticism, I only want to understand what Zope is good
for and where something else might suite my needs better.

regards,
Achim