[Zope3-dev] error checking in included ZCML files

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sat May 21 06:59:50 EDT 2005

From: zope3-dev-owner at zope.org
To: info at zopyx.com
Subject: Error checking in included zcml files
Date-Sent: Samstag, 21. Mai 2005 13:03 Uhr

Hi,

I tried to refactor the configure.zcml of TextIndexNG3 into a configuration
file
which is related to the core engine and one file that contains Zope 2
specific
directives (browser:view etc).

The main configure.zcml (to be used by Five) is in
Products/TextIndexNG3/configure.zcml and contains a line

<include package="textindexng" file="configure.zcml" />

So far so good.....just for testing purposes I added the an <utility>
directive multiple times (which identical attributes) in
Products/TextIndexNG3/src/textindexng/configure.zcml
.....I restarted Zope and expected that Zope would not start because
of the identical directives...however it came up. Adding the same
identical in Products/TextIndexNG3/configure.zcml caused an exception
when Zope was starting. So why do we have different behaviour here?
Bug or Feature?

-aj

   -   Andreas Jung            ZOPYX Software Development and Consulting -
  -   E-mail: info at zopyx.com   Web: www.zopyx.com                       -