[Zope3-dev] Workflow UI?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri May 27 10:13:09 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Saturday 21 May 2005 05:52, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>
>>Hi Jim
>>
>>I like to work on the activity based wfmc workflow.
>>Can I help you with the UI work. Do you need some
>>views or something else for adding workflow definition
>>or instances? Or is there allready somthing where I
>>didn't see?
>

> If you want to work on a UI, I would be glad to help out.
>
> But the first question is: Jim, where do you store your workflow instances in
> your application? This is for me the trickiest part. For stateful workflow it
> was easy, because you annotated the workflow instance to the object that was
> worked on and had a status...
>
> Any hints would be appreciated... (I also want this insight for the SchoolTool
> project, so I get it right there as well.)

Minimally, you want to store the work items somewhere, such as
a work list.  The work items have references to their activity
instances and activity instances have references to their process
instances.  So you don't *need* to worry about process storage.
Activity and process instances have access to their corresponding
definitions.

If you want to expose your process instances in your UI, then
you need to decide where to make them accessible. That's a
questions for your application.