[Zope3-dev] New database generation for Zope 3.2 (Was:[Zope3-checkins] Added BBB for older instances)

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sat Nov 5 09:36:03 EST 2005

Hi Dimitry , Benji and Stephan

[...]

> Stephan Richter wrote:
> class attribute
> the generation.
> >>
> >>No, there is also self.password attribute changed to a
> property which is
> >>not so easy to fix without a generation. I see two alternative
> >>possibilities:
> >
> > In this case a generation is appropriate.
>
> Agreed.  I didn't know about the other changes.  The only
> thing I would
> propose would be that the generation be automatically run.

I agree too.
I think automatic generation is a good idea in this case.

I think a MIGRATION.txt file in the trunk/doc folder would be a good
idea for such migration notes.

btw, we have to take care on such changes, what's happen if somebody
uses allready a password property in a custom class where is inherited
form InternalPrincipal?

Regards
Roger Ineichen