[Zope3-dev] New database generation for Zope 3.2 (Was:[Zope3-checkins] Added BBB for older instances)

Dmitry Vasiliev lists at hlabs.spb.ru
Mon Nov 7 08:32:21 EST 2005

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Hi Dimitry , Benji and Stephan
[SKIP]
>>>In this case a generation is appropriate.
>>
>>Agreed.  I didn't know about the other changes.  The only
>>thing I would
>>propose would be that the generation be automatically run.
>

> I agree too.
> I think automatic generation is a good idea in this case.

I'm not sure on the automatic evolving since it will be a little unexpectedly
for some users.

> I think a MIGRATION.txt file in the trunk/doc folder would be a good
> idea for such migration notes.

Is doc/CHANGES.txt not enough?

> btw, we have to take care on such changes, what's happen if somebody
> uses allready a password property in a custom class where is inherited
> form InternalPrincipal?

Then the password manager will not be used, but by default plain text passwords
will be used anyway. Not so terrible I think.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
     http://hlabs.spb.ru