[Zope3-dev] Re: SVN: Zope/trunk/lib/python/ use a specific revision of the Zope 3 trunk for now until we have some sort of tag

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Nov 12 06:23:22 EST 2005

On Friday 11 November 2005 12:15, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > Log message for revision 40048:
> >   use a specific revision of the Zope 3 trunk for now until we have some
> > sort of tag available (e.g. a Zope 3.2 beta tag).
>
> We should have cut a Zope3-3.2 beta tag on the day of the feature
> freeze, so that release / stabilization activities could proceed without
> leaving the trunk frozen.  In fact, I thought we had committed to do
> first beta for 2.9 and 3.2 on 1 November.  Even if we don't branch at
> those points, we should be tagging the freeze point any any intermediate
> "OK, fixed that, now try again" points.

Yeah, but the bug day was a big flop for both Zope 2 and Zope 3, so Andreas
and I (and even with Jim's approval) decided not to release. I also will not
cut a branch until more bugs have been fixed, so that I lower the bar for bug
fixers and force people to work on bugs not features.

BTW, I think that Philipp did the right thing. Depending on a specific
revision is fine, though pointing to the trunk right now would work too,
since it is feature frozen.

Regards,
Stephan
--