[Zope3-dev] Re: Event fixes

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Nov 28 10:02:46 EST 2005

Dominik Huber wrote:
> The modification descriptiors were introduced by Uwe Ostermeier to
> handle the versioning and cataloging stuff. I'm not an expert in that
> field, but in my understanding the modification descriptors are more
> general and your case is a subset that could be handled with them. As a
> developer, I would still prefer one concept, because it's easier to
> adapt. Sufficiently fundamental cases are always a shaky discrimination
> to differ two concepts for future implementation decisions.

If you don't feel that containment boundaries are a sufficiently fundamental
concept, then we have a strong disagreement. I stand by what I checked in.

And BTW with "modification descriptions" I couldn't write a simple adapter
for this. I'd have to have a generic adapter for IObjectModifiedEvent, then
iterate over all the descriptions and filter by hand. Yuck.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com