[Zope3-dev] Re: Proposal based development!: was Re: Event fixes

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Nov 28 18:48:32 EST 2005

On 29 Nov 2005, at 00:17, Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Hi
>
>> If you don't feel that containment boundaries are a
>> sufficiently fundamental concept, then we have a strong
>> disagreement. I stand by what I checked in.
>
> [...]
>
>> Florent
>
> I'm not happy with this changes too. But I hope I can live
> with that.
>
> But I'm really not happy how this code get into the core.
> We defined a proposal based process for announce such changes.

Oh come on, I did two simple things:
1. fixed a bug where subobject reordering didn't send a modification
event,
2. specialized an event so that filtering was made easier for
subscribers.

> It's really bad if such changes break our unit tests and
> existing applications.

??? Where does that come from? What unit tests would break?

> Especially if this happens because
> of new events where are really ugly to trace down.

I DIDN'T ADD NEW EVENTS EXCEPT FOR FIXING ONE BUG!!!!!

GODDAMIT READ THE CODE FOLKS!

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com