Apple's mailer is annoying ( was Re: [Zope3-dev] Contained events interface inheritance order)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Nov 30 15:03:25 EST 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> On 30 Nov 2005, at 17:04, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Florent Guillaume wrote:

>>> This is the delsp parameter of rfc3676, which apparently only  Apple
>>> Mail implements, I've no idea why the other mailers haven't
>>> followed  suit.
>>

>> Perhaps because it is really annoying?
>

> Only because Mozilla doesn't implement that RFC :-). Otherwise you'd  be
> able to see perfectly wrapped messages and non-broken URLs.

I don't see how.  Here's an excerpt of the raw source of your message:

" From the archives I can find this was decided after:
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/
SimplifyObjectLifecycleAndLocationEvents
but without motivation for this part. I'm still looking for the"

There is no way for my mail client to know that
"http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/" and
"SimplifyObjectLifecycleAndLocationEvents" should be clued together.
URLs often end in "/"s.  Implicitly joining text following a "/" is fairly
likely to lead to invalif URLs.