Apple's mailer is annoying ( was Re: [Zope3-dev] Contained events interface inheritance order)

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Wed Nov 30 15:16:24 EST 2005

On 30 Nov 2005, at 21:03, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:

>>> Perhaps because it is really annoying?
>> Only because Mozilla doesn't implement that RFC :-). Otherwise
>> you'd  be able to see perfectly wrapped messages and non-broken URLs.
>
> I don't see how.  Here's an excerpt of the raw source of your message:
>
> " From the archives I can find this was decided after:
> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/
> SimplifyObjectLifecycleAndLocationEvents
> but without motivation for this part. I'm still looking for the"
>

> There is no way for my mail client to know that
> "http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/"
> and
> "SimplifyObjectLifecycleAndLocationEvents" should be clued together.
> URLs often end in "/"s.  Implicitly joining text following a "/" is
> fairly
> likely to lead to invalif URLs.

Actually in the raw source there's a space after the / and before the
CRLF. When delsp=Yes (which is the case in the original headers Apple
Mail sends), and when the line is deemed "flowed" (which is the case
here because the line ends with a space), the lines should be joined
and one space character removed.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com