[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3 website report?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Oct 12 05:49:33 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 October 2005 12:41, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
>>If anyone here really needs WYSIWYG, please make a point, but I doubt that
>>there will be one...
>

> It's a top priority for Jim. Uwe and I agreed we would prefer ReST.

I got the impression from Jim that this was just an idea that he wanted
to try out. Ideas you're eager to try are different than top priorities,
right?

Unfortunately having a wiki page in HTML and in ReST is rather
incompatible; while you can translate ReST to HTML, HTML to ReST would
at best be unreliable and confusing. This means HTML pages can only be
edited as HTML ever.

Then again, I'm interested in seeing how the idea would work. Whether
that should be driving a Zope 3 site as a whole is another question.

Regards,

Martijn