[Zope3-dev] Zope 3.1

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 04:08:56 EDT 2005

Hi Roger,

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> The main question is, what's the base "source" for build the Zope3
> application server. I guess this will be generated by zpkgtools
> in some way.
> If I understand zpkgtools correct, we can use it for checkout the
> source.

Right.

> The step after the checkout isn't clear to me right now
> for windows.

Tim posted a URL in another thread which I hope should clear that up...
it may (and hopefully will!) mean more to you than it does for me...

> We also have to define how Zope3 get installed on a windows
> machine. I don't like the normal installation where is located in the
> python installation root right now.

Is that where it ends up on Linux? If so, then we should respect that...

> This means we whould offer a
> installation "by instance" where we don't share the zope/python
> libraries, located in the python installation root, and don't need
> to run "mkzopeinstance".

I'm -1 on this...

> The best way to do all required steps would be a sprint. I guess
> if the right people are there, it's possible to improve all parts
> where we need in 3 or 4 days.

I guess you're volunteering to organise one then? ;-)

> btw,
> A option for backup the Data.fs should also be integrated in the
> update (installation) process.

Don't really follow that... Backup has nothing to do with setup/install
for me...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk