[Zope3-dev] how to create a "release tarball" from svn-checkout of Z3.1.0?

Mark R. Biggers biggers at utsl.com
Mon Oct 17 11:31:16 EDT 2005

Hello,

I would like to create a "release tarball" for a Linux system, from a
svn checkout of:

  svn checkout svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope3/branches/Zope-3.1

[ I've googled about for this info...]

The 'zope.org' tarball (and the Ubunutu "breezy" package) for
Zope-3.1.0 is missing the zope.app.wfmc package, and I don't know what
else may be missing.

I've tried doing the SVN checkout as "Zope/" under the 3.1.0
tarball-unpack, running configure, ..., but that doesn't really work.

Goal: to run './configure -blah blah; make; make test; make install",
and have this put a complete Z3 install under a single dir-tree.

That's one (of many) reasons why the tarball is convenient and
useful...

thank you,
----mark