[Zope3-dev] Re: Drop-in rich (JS/CSS-dependent) view components: Please review (was Re: Resource Library Proposal)

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Sep 7 16:48:04 EDT 2005

Gary Poster wrote:

> The use case for this tool is to allow rich view components, such as
> form widgets (but there are many other examples), that rely on JS and
> CSS to work in a more componentized, drop-in way.

While reasearching Ajax technology, I stumbled across this site:

http://www.backbase.com/

They have developed a series of custom tags, that works cross browser. I
ran their demos in both IE and Firefox.

It seems like a good way to go.

As it is a combination af xml, css and javaScript, all running in the
client, it can be developed independently of Zope, and so be used in
many more projects. Both zope 2+3 and other technologies.

It would probably have a better chance of survival then.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science