[Zope3-dev] Resource Library Proposal

Benji York benji at zope.com
Fri Sep 16 18:16:37 EDT 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
> My point is that if rich widgets are the *only* driver here, the
> solution below is a better fit with the existing widgets
> implementation.

Passably, but there *are* use cases other than widgets, which the
proposal tries to address.

> If there's a new pattern afoot (pipelining?), I hope we get a chance
> to discuss it. If I've just missed the discussion (quite possible),
> I'll wait for the RC.

Jim posted some food for though, but "pipelining" is tangential to this
discussion.  The only relation is that once there is a better way to
manipulate the results of publication the "hacky" parts of the current
implementation of resource library will get cleaner.  That's all.

> FWIW, we would not be able to use this new scheme exclusively as some
> of our IHeadContent providers provide more than file includes. E.g.
> we have a menu component that dynamically builds JavaScript and
> includes it directly in the HEAD.

That is a different, but related, problem that should probably be
addressed separately.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer