[Zope3-dev] _notifyOfCopyTo

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Sep 26 13:36:15 EDT 2005

Zope 2, when it copies/moves an object, calls ob._notifyOfCopyTo to
allow it to veto the copy *before* it is done if it doesn't like the
destination container.

In Zope 3, is it worthwhile to have a kind of ObjectWillBeCopied/
Added event for that, or do you guys feel that this kind of vetoing
should be done by simply subscribing to ObjectAddedEvent or one of
its friends?

I'm asking because I'm in the middle of converting Zope 2's OFS
spaghettis to cleaner event-based code (and deprecating things like
_notifyOfCopyTo and _postCopy).

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com