[Zope3-dev] RE: RFC: The browser:page compromise

Craeg Strong cstrong at arielpartners.com
Fri Apr 21 09:39:58 EDT 2006

Yes, but speaking as another Zope3 learner, consistency and simplicity
(is "orthogonality" a word?) of the model/API is extremely important
too.  I am in favor of such simplifying changes, as long as they are
properly documented and deprecation is properly applied.
For example: a deprecation warning telling me what I should do instead
is great.

There should be a link in the CHANGES.txt file to the original proposal
for each change.
If there is no time to update it after discussions take place, then why
not cut and paste an excerpt from the relevant email thread into the
CHANGES file?  Or at a minimum how about a URL link to the start of the
dev-list discussion thread.

my 2c,

--Craeg