[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/trunk/src/zope/dublincore/ Dublin Core property to use Dublin Core meta data as simple properties.

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 15:12:37 EDT 2006

On 8/14/06, Jürgen Kartnaller <juergen at kartnaller.at> wrote:
> It definitely doesn't obsolete the existing implementation.
> DCProperty is the other way around.
>
> DCProperty allows access to DC meta data via simple properties.

I agree that these should co-exist.  I'm not sure just what motivated
DCProperty, but it's clearly different from the partial adapter.  The
motivation for theh partial adapter was that for some content, some of
the data fields correspond directly to DC elements.  For those, we
wanted the DC adapter to use the fields instead of storing the
information outside the object.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca