[Zope3-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: lovely.rating/ Initial import from Lovely Systems repository

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Aug 16 10:33:11 EDT 2006

Gary Poster wrote:

> [removed Checkins mailing list--maybe we can choose one list or the other?]
>
> On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:03 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> And at this moment in time, Zope Corporation as far as I understand is
>> not bound by the same contributor's agreement we are. It's their
>> repository. This will change once the ZF starts managing the repository.
>
> I think you might be right about the ZC situation, Martijn.  That said,
> I certainly did not intend to abuse the privilege, if such exists.

I meant to imply no abuse of privilege. It's ZC's repository, and ZC has
an extremely good track record overall. Let's not worry about that.

> I think ZC will be quite willing (though understandably disappointed) to
> remove zope.html from the zope.org repository if requested by the ZF.

I hope the ZF won't be requesting this! :)

I think this discussion brought to light that we should carefully
consider what happens with such non-ZPL code in the repository when this
codebase gets contributed to the ZF. (besides the other issue of code
that is ZPL but depends on GPL-ed code)

Regards,

Martijn