[Zope3-dev] Re: What's New in Zope 3.3 article to svn

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Aug 21 03:34:43 EDT 2006

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Baiju M wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>     I would like to contribute this article to zope 3 svn documentation
>>> directory.
>>>
>>> http://kpug.zwiki.org/WhatIsNewInZope33
>>>
>>> Other contributors are: Philipp von Weitershausen, Florent Xicluna
>>>
>>> Let me commit this to `doc` directory?
>>
>> I think there's much more value in this as a wiki online than in SVN.
>> It's a pity that it can't be on zope.org, but that's the way it is for
>> now. Perhaps zopewiki.org would be good alternative location...
>>

> No problem to add it to zope.org, where should it go to ?

Topic-wise it should be a part of the ComponentArchitecture (aka Zope3)
wiki. The problem is that write access on this wiki had to be restricted
to managers due to spam reasons. Excluding lots of Zope 3.3 users from
improving this document just because they're not managers doesn't seem
like a good idea... (and yes, Jim can make you a manager, but I don't
think that's a solution.)

How are we moving forward with a new zope.org, btw? I feel like there's
a Wind of Change in the air, but no sign of activity otherwise. Perhaps
we should have one of those Zope community chats or another kick-off
meeting of some sort to get this process started?

Philipp