[Zope3-dev] Re: What's New in Zope 3.3 article to svn

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Mon Aug 21 03:47:40 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

>>> I think there's much more value in this as a wiki online than in SVN.
>>> It's a pity that it can't be on zope.org, but that's the way it is for
>>> now. Perhaps zopewiki.org would be good alternative location...
>>>
>> No problem to add it to zope.org, where should it go to ?
>
> Topic-wise it should be a part of the ComponentArchitecture (aka Zope3)
> wiki. The problem is that write access on this wiki had to be restricted
> to managers due to spam reasons. Excluding lots of Zope 3.3 users from
> improving this document just because they're not managers doesn't seem
> like a good idea... (and yes, Jim can make you a manager, but I don't
> think that's a solution.)

Baijum is already 'Powermember', able to edit and comment on Zope.org
Wiki pages. WhatIsNewInZope33 should have one editor only and a list of
contributors (should be no problem for the editor to manage that effort).

> How are we moving forward with a new zope.org, btw? I feel like there's
> a Wind of Change in the air, but no sign of activity otherwise. Perhaps
> we should have one of those Zope community chats or another kick-off
> meeting of some sort to get this process started?

Martijn Faassen suggested to start the discussions in September
(http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-web/2006-July/003908.html)...

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m