[Zope3-dev] speeding up buildout of individual parts

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Dec 6 15:24:51 EST 2006

Hi,

I noticed that I started using the 'bin/buildout install <partname>'
option a lot to speed up re-building while developing a buildout.
However, in my case buildout installs/updates depending recipes too
which in my case means updating a Zope 3 checkout (this takes a long
time from Europe).

I can use the offline switch for now to avoid that, but potentially I'd
want buildout to *do* online work while updating/installing the part I
specified.

Any idea whether it would be reasonable/wise to have a mode that says
"This part only please and I mean it!"?

Christian