[Zope3-dev] speeding up buildout of individual parts

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Dec 6 15:44:30 EST 2006

On Dec 6, 2006, at 3:24 PM, Christian Theune wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that I started using the 'bin/buildout install <partname>'
> option a lot to speed up re-building while developing a buildout.

This should work a lot better as of a couple of days ago.

> However, in my case buildout installs/updates depending recipes too
> which in my case means updating a Zope 3 checkout (this takes a long
> time from Europe).

It should only reinstall parts who's configuration has changed.
Without any more specifics, it is hard to make a more specific
comment. :)
In particular, I'm not sure what you mean by "depending" above.

> Any idea whether it would be reasonable/wise to have a mode that says
> "This part only please and I mean it!"?

Perhaps, although we still have to initialize other parts that a part