[Zope3-dev] Re: [SpringCleaning07]

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Dec 20 06:52:01 EST 2006

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Hi Martijn
>
>> Subject: [Zope3-dev] Re: [SpringCleaning07]
>
>> By the way, I'm quite interested in seeing whether we can
>> integrate Genshi into Zope 3 and Grok as a templating
>> language. It has some interesting ways to do things, and
>> there's quite a bit of momentum behind it.
>
> I saw the Grok package but what is Genshi?
> Can you point me to a link?

http://genshi.edgewall.org

Inspired by Kid (in turn among others inspired by ZPT), the main
template language of TurboGears, written by the people who also created
Trac, and it seems to be getting traction. TurboGears among others is
going to adopt it, but also things like the creator of SQLAlchemy (and
Myghthy) spending time optimizing it, etc. It's close enough to ZPT to
be palatable to me, and has some nice features for reuse.

If we're going to get out of the server business we could also consider
getting out of the template language business. :)

Regards,

Martijn