[Zope3-dev] The bug fixing problem

Patrick Gerken do3ccqrv at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 11 08:05:49 EDT 2006

On 7/7/06, Julien Anguenot <ja at nuxeo.com> wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> >
> > On Jul 7, 2006, at 9:45 AM, Julien Anguenot wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,

> >> I tried to raise the discussion last year about this topic :
> >> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-May/014588.html
> >>
> >> ... but didn't go far.
> >> I believe the bug tracker is certainly the most important tool for a
> >> project like Zope3.
> >>

> > I wasn't suggesting that we couldn't use a better bug tracker.
>
> I understood your point. I just wanted to emphasis the fact that the bug
> tracker tool is more than critical.

As a non committer I would like to note that it was easy for me to
search if somebody already submitted a bug I found, and submit a new
patch, it was also trivial to add the for the bugfix and the test. The
only thing which IS still not easy is to find a way to see that patch
appear in Zope itself.
I marked the bug as bug + bugfix but nobody cares. That is much more
discouraging than what I can not do nice wiki links to in my bugreport
other bugtracker items or svn sources like it is possible in trac
itself.

Patrick