[Zope3-dev] The bug fixing problem

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jul 11 08:45:30 EDT 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:05 AM, Patrick Gerken wrote:
> As a non committer I would like to note that it was easy for me to
> search if somebody already submitted a bug I found, and submit a new
> patch, it was also trivial to add the for the bugfix and the test. The
> only thing which IS still not easy is to find a way to see that patch
> appear in Zope itself.
> I marked the bug as bug + bugfix but nobody cares. That is much more
> discouraging than what I can not do nice wiki links to in my bugreport
> other bugtracker items or svn sources like it is possible in trac
> itself.

Well said.  There are people who care.  A few of us have biin working
through
the bugs.  I wish more people were. (I'm stuck on a fairly hairy one
myself.)

Regardless of what tool we use, we need to be committed to not
letting bug reports languish in the collector.

Personally, I'd like to have a feature freeze until we've cleane dup
*all* of the outstanding bugs, not just the critical ones.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org