[Zope3-dev] The bug fixing problem

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jul 11 12:42:25 EDT 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:49 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:

> A way to mark bugs for milestones is in my opinion, for instance, a
> better way to handle bugs than having to mark them critical to get
> them picked up and considered before a Zope release happens. More
> modest submitters may mark something as 'bug', and their bug might
> not be seen.. With a milestone mechanism instead of relying on
> 'critical' it becomes a lot easier to defer things to a following
> release, with less risk of actually losing track of issues. I
> believe that without deferring issues, a release of a large piece
> of software like Zope 3 is in fact not possible, given limited
> resources.

I've updated the collector with release targets as possible
importance values.  I've also reset all of the current critical items
to point to the 3.3 release.  If anyone wants me to add other
milestones, let me know and I will.

So, now, to see what has to be resolved for the 3.3 release, just
select the "3.3 Release" importance.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org