[Zope3-dev] eggs in a Zope 3.3 instance

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Jun 15 12:25:31 EDT 2006

Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
> This doesn't solve *everything*: running tests out of eggs (useful when
> installing them in development mode at least) is still too hard. It is
> *possible* by just pointing the test runner directly to the SVN checkout
> though:
>
> bin/test --path=hurry.file/src/ --test-path=hurry.file/src/ -s hurry.file
>
> where hurry.file is the SVN checkout. Why I have to do the --path bit
> I'm not sure about; in fact you'd expect that not to be needed as the
> test runner should be able to pick up the eggs in lib/python. I've got
> them installed as egg-link in this setup though using setup.py develop,
> so that might make it harder to find..

Hm, it looks to be a bit harder than that. The above command works, but
only because hurry.file doesn't depend on anything else installed into
lib/python.

hurry.query depends on zc.catalog however, and for some reason no matter
what I try (including adding a --path=lib/python) I cannot get the tests
to run.

Suggestions?

Regards,

Martijn