[Zope3-dev] Re: wading through zcml...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 05:59:53 EST 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Yeah, ZCML is the new acquisition :-(
>
> Well, the ZCML directives we currently have. If we had better and more
> sensible directives, it might be much better.

Don't get me started ;-)

>> It's sad that one of it's main selling points (the ability to "turn
>> off" configuration made in another package) was never implemented :-(
>
> Not yet. We're getting there.

What with the weird conditional stuff?

I like the idea of an explicit "turn this thing off" that can occur
later in the config chain. Jim had a proposal for this, right?

>> Everyone says this, but why is it a good idea? I want these things to
>> be _really_ light, they're going to be used a lot in every page render...
>
> BrowserView and BrowserPage *are* really light. Look at them.

I did, they weren't _that_ light, or maybe that was just the Five variants?

> Note that you would get them mixed into your view component
> automatically by ZCML anyways (at least when using browser:view /
> browser:page).

Yay for automagical nonsense :-(

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk