[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 as a reliable platform?!?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Sep 5 14:58:42 EDT 2006

Fred Drake wrote at 2006-9-5 10:50 -0400:
>Hmm.  The Z3 style guide has never matched the Python style guide
>completely, and I think it would do more damage than good to change
>it.  We adopted some things early on in Z3 development that I think
>helped, but changing it just because more is covered in the Python
>style guide seems arbitrary.

When I remember right, then I read an important sentence in the
Python style guide -- something along the lines: "This is a guide:
you should follow it but there are occasions when you may not do so with
good reasons."

That's what a guide is: a set of rules recommended to follow, not a lawbook
to follow in all cases.

--
Dieter